3.07.2009

2 Point Cupcake

DSC_0013 (2)

After my binge this week and enjoying a couple of full point regular cupcakes at a birthday luncheon, I thought I would post a better alternative (or what I should have eaten instead).


These are 2 pt cupcakes, 3 with frosting. I think that a lot of people at WW call them a 1 pt cupcake but when I plug them into the recipe builder, they come out 2 so I am trusting that. They are super duper easy and taste great. They are good enough to be served at a party. I did at my daughter Valentines party this year and everybody loved them.


2 Point Cupcake
Serves 24

1 cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can of diet soda

Combine all ingredients. Fill lined cupcake tins 2/3 full. Bake time and temperature according to cake mix package directions.

Frosting
1 point

16 oz Cool Whip Free, thawed
1 4 serving pack of sugar free pudding mix (not prepared)

Pour powder into thawed Cool Whip and mix. You can also tint with color. Store in fridge.

You can really do any flavor combo that you like. I did a chocolate mix with diet cherry coke for the cake and then vanilla pudding in the frosting because I was tinting the frosting pink.

I was thinking that carrot cake with diet cream soda and sugar free cheesecake pudding would be delicious. I also have some diet peach soda right now and think that it would be great with a white cake mix and pain cool whip and fresh peaches on top. My mom just found out that she has diabetes and they are going to be visiting around the time of my dad's birthday. I am planning on making a reduced sugar cake mix this way and using sugar free Cool Whip in the frosting.

I made 12 cupcakes. I realized that I didn't take any pictures of the cupcakes that didn't have the kids int hem until after they were gone. Too bad because they were adorable. I melted 2 mini candy canes together into the shape of a heart as a topper. They were perfect for the party.

With the other half of the batter, I made this mini cake for my daughters birthday. It turned out adorable and it was the perfect size for a small family. We cut it into 8 small slices.

DSC_0067

DSC_0080 (2)

I have to admit that I have a weakness for cake and could do some real damage with cake sitting around so this recipe is going to be saved for special occassions. It is wonderful to have an easy way to lighten up a celebration staple because I am usually consuming more than my share of points at the party with other things. It is nice to shave off a few on the cake.

4 comments:

  1. That birthday cake is too cute. And these cupcakes sound soo good. I can eat warm cupcakes straight from the oven with no icing. I'd have to make these as a dessert to someone's house so I wouldn't eat them all myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the cake turned out so well! I love those cupcakes/cakes! There are so many variations, it's fun to play around with. I have a HUGE weakness for cake also, so I too, only make them every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake is so adorable!!!

    I forgot about this cupcake recipe; thanks for the reminder - I'll have to whip some up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake is so too cute!

    ReplyDelete