10.22.2009

Skinny Wild Wings


I was on the hunt for some new recipes and came across this:
Kristen's Buffalo Chicken Bites

Perfect! My husband would love having wings for dinner. While most would prefer the boneless, not my husband. I knew that I needed to make them as close to Buffalo Wild Wings to satisfy him! Yes, I skinned those tiny drummettes. Did you know that BW3s sells their sauces? We bought some when I was pregnant because I was craving wings but wanted something at home that was a little healthier. I would just put it on any chicken. It has become a staple condiment around here.

As you can see I served them with veggie sticks, watermelon and oven crunch fries. The fries I made just like Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges but I peeled and cut the potato into fries.

Sorry about the cell phone picture!


Skinny Wild Wings
Serves 4
Serving Size - 6 wings/drummettes
6 pts (about 1 pt a wing)

24 chicken drummettes or wings
1/2 c flour
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t garlic salt
Pam Spray

Skin wings or drummettes. Wash and pat dry. Mix dry ingredients together in a gallon Ziploc bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. remove chicken and place on plate in fridge for at least 2 hours. (I let them sit all day!) This uses the juices from the chicken to create a slight breading and helps the chicken crisp.

Bake 350 for 35 min. (I baked mine on a cooling rack over a baking sheet so that they would be out of the juices and crisp up, similar to frying. Spray each piece with Pam and return to a 375 oven for 5 - 10 more minutes to crisp. Toss in your favorite wing sauce. (I counted the sauce separately because it depends on how much you like and what kind you use. Half were in mild and the other half in honey BBQ. A little sauce goes a long way. Mine was only an extra 1 pt.)

2 comments:

  1. OK Chicka!!! I'm back...where are you?? Miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie still here but not posting lately. Trying something new. Transformation.com I am exhausted counting points. I did BFL in 2000 and lost a lot of weight. I am a Bill Phillips believer and this is his new project.

    ReplyDelete